Crispy Brussels Sprouts – with honey mustard
Brussels sprouts are the perfect vegetable for the fall season. With a bit of salt and a little sweetness, these crispy greens are sure to keep you warm through the chilly fall months. This quick and easy recipe can be used as a side dish with any dinner or even be enjoyed as a snack.
- 3 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the brussels sprouts and gently dry them with paper towels. Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts then slice them in half. (Discard of any loose outer leaves that fall off.) Place the brussels sprouts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive ( or coconut ) oil, honey, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the brussels sprouts and toss well to coat.
- Scatter brussels sprouts on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Increase oven to 475 and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!