LVAC Reopening Protocols
Your health is our top priority and in accordance with governmental orders and guidelines, we are pleased to announce a carefully planned, phased approach to reopening our clubs.
We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club
- Equipment availability adjusted to allow for frequent, thorough cleaning
- Utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant that kills the coronavirus in under 60 seconds
- Team members will be trained on cleaning protocols
- Easy, readily available equipment disinfectant spray and paper towels
- Hand sanitization conveniently located throughout the club
Team Member Safety
We are dedicated to the health and safety of our entire community, including our team members. In addition to adapting to the environment in which they work to help ensure adequate spacing, team members will be required to wear masks and encouraged to perform temperature checks at home or prior to each shift consistent with government orders and guidelines. All employees will complete a daily symptom questionnaire prior to each shift in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District Employee Guidelines.
Safety Measures at the Club
As we navigate through the reopening of our locations, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. Amenities and classes may vary by club but will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
When You Arrive
Reservations are not required.
Upon entering LVAC you will be greeted with the LVAC CARE Policy and asked to perform a self-symptom assessment, which may include the following questions:
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
Has anyone in your family / household, or anyone you have come in contact with in the last 14 days, experienced the symptoms above or tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, we appreciate if you refrain from using the facility. If you answer no, you may proceed to our new touchless check-in.
Masks and Face Coverings
With COVID-19 cases on the rise, let’s be sure we are all doing our part to keep our clubs and our families as safe as possible, like wearing our mask when possible, disinfecting equipment, washing our hands, and maintaining social distancing when inside the clubs. We want to thank our members who have committed to following these protocols. Let’s stay safe so that we may stay open.
Please bring a mask or face covering with you to the club and wear it when:
- Entering and exiting the club, or in common areas
- You are interacting with other people
- Moving around the club, or moving from one exercise to the next
- Exercise type and intensity allows for the wearing of a face covering
- Performing low-intensity exercise like walking on the indoor track, stretching, yoga, Pilates, or similar exercises
- Physical distancing is difficult and you cannot ensure 6 ft. of social distancing
Masks will not be provided by LVAC. Masks are available for purchase at the Juice Bar for $2 while supplies last. Your mask should cover both your mouth and nostrils, and can be any of the following:
- Fabric (washable) mask
- Paper (disposable) mask
- Bandana, scarf, etc.
If you do not bring a mask or face covering, you may not be permitted to enter the facility, unless you have an exemption such as a disability or medical condition. If you do not wear your mask while moving around the club, you may be asked to leave.
At this time, we ask that you please bring your own water bottle, as fountains will be closed in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District guidelines. Touchless water bottle fillers will be available to refill water bottles, but mouthpiece will be unavailable. Water bottles will also be available for purchase at the Juice Bar.
LVAC Coaches will not be taking appointments for the first 2-3 weeks after reopening, as they work to reinforce social distancing guidelines and proper use of equipment around the clubs.
State authorities (OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration) are requiring all clubs to close the locker rooms and showers until further notice. This will go into effect on Sunday, July 26 at 5:00 PM.
Restrooms and sinks are available, as are pools and the showers in the pool area. We encourage you to come dressed in your gym attire and leave valuables at home. To better accommodate our members, we will continue to allow one small bag on the fitness floor. LVAC drawstring bags are available for $5 at the Juice Bar, while supplies last.
Cardio and Strength Areas
In addition to already intensive cleaning efforts, several protocol additions are being made in the Cardio, Selectorized Machines, Advanced Training and Women’s Only areas for further sanitation. Measures are also being taken to help practice social distancing.
- In select areas, equipment will be marked for social distancing
- LVAC will deploy a color-coded system to allow for social distancing in all areas of the club, except for those areas with adequate spacing of equipment. Equipment will be marked with a BLUE or YELLOW sticker. Blue equipment will be accessible on select days, and yellow equipment will be accessible on alternate days.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols with hospital-grade, virus-killing disinfectants
- Several cleaning stations, of disinfectant spray and wipes, throughout the space to help encourage member’s cleaning of equipment before and after use
Group Fitness Classes will open on Monday, June 15. Class capacity will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines.
- Reservations are required for all classes, or may be available on a first come, first serve basis
- Classes will be offered in virtual, OnDemand and live-streamed formats to supplement live classes
- Look for floor indicators, placed 6 feet apart to help practice social distancing
- Members will be required to clean equipment before and after class
- Class length will be adjusted to allow for the sanitization of equipment with a hospital-grade, virus-killing disinfectant
To make a reservation, visit our Group Fitness Class Schedule page. Please arrive 5 minutes before the class begins in order to check in. You will need to show your phone/confirmation email to the instructor. If you do not arrive 5 minutes prior to class beginning, you will lose your spot.
Childcare playroom areas will remain closed until local authorities deem childcare facilities can be safely reopened. Upon reopening, these areas will follow best practices as determined by the Southern Nevada Health District and the Clark County Department of Business License. Enhanced measures will be taken consistent with CDC guidelines, cleaning practices and social distancing.
We are excited to welcome you back to our racquetball courts on Monday, June 29. To protect members, we ask that you practice social distancing of 6 feet during matches and eliminate any physical contact. At this time, only singles matches will be permitted.
Our beautiful pool areas are open. While using the pool we ask that our members please adhere to the following protocols:
- In accordance with state mandates, capacity will be limited to no more than 50% of occupancy. However, given the size of our pool areas we don’t anticipate this will limit use.
- Six feet of social distancing is required in the pool and on the pool deck
- Shared equipment will be sanitized frequently and may be unavailable
- Showers are always required before entering the pool.
Whirlpool, dry sauna and steam rooms will remain closed in accordance with state mandates.
The Juice Bar will be open in accordance with statewide standards and business guidelines set forth by the Southern Nevada Health District. For more information visit their website.
Your Role in Staying Healthy
The health and safety of our members and team members is what’s most important. As we reopen, you will play an important role in making your club a safe experience for us all.
By following the advice on this page, you can help support a safe, phased reopening of our clubs. Together we can do our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19, especially to those who are more vulnerable due to age, compromised immunity or pre-existing conditions.
What You Can Do:
Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the club.
You must be responsible for your health and safety. This is why we recommend that you clean the equipment with disinfecting spray before and after each use. It’s best to assume the person who used it previously did not clean it. Protect yourself, clean your equipment. Here’s how:
- Spray paper towel with disinfectant.
- Wipe down equipment.
- Allow it to air dry for 60 seconds.
Bring your own water bottle, as fountains will be closed in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District guidelines. Touchless water bottle fillers will be available to refill water bottles, but mouthpiece will be unavailable.
If you are vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC—including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have chronic medical conditions—please take extra precaution and follow CDC guidelines.
Cover coughs and sneezes. Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw your tissue away immediately.
Stay home if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms below. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Help Boost Your Immune System
- Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise to prime the immune system, help combat bacteria and viruses.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to help allow your body time to recover.