LVAC Reopening Protocols
Your health is our top priority and in accordance with governmental orders and guidelines, we are pleased to announce a carefully planned, phased approach to reopening our clubs.
Face Coverings Required
In accordance with the new emergency directive and statewide “pause”, face coverings are required at all times, regardless of physical activity. This means masks are required while entering, moving around the gym, in the locker rooms, and while exercising. You may not remove your mask during exercise.
We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club
- Equipment availability adjusted to allow for frequent, thorough cleaning
- Utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant that kills the coronavirus in under 60 seconds
- Team members will be trained on cleaning protocols
- Easy, readily available equipment disinfectant spray and paper towels
- Hand sanitization conveniently located throughout the club
Team Member Safety
We are dedicated to the health and safety of our entire community, including our team members. In addition to adapting to the environment in which they work to help ensure adequate spacing, team members will be required to wear masks and encouraged to perform temperature checks at home or prior to each shift consistent with government orders and guidelines. All employees will complete a daily symptom questionnaire prior to each shift in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District Employee Guidelines.
Safety Measures at the Club
As we navigate through the reopening of our locations, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. Amenities and classes may vary by club but will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
When You Arrive
Reservations are not required.
Upon entering LVAC you will be greeted with the LVAC CARE Policy and asked to perform a self-symptom assessment, which may include the following questions:
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
Has anyone in your family / household, or anyone you have come in contact with in the last 14 days, experienced the symptoms above or tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, we appreciate if you refrain from using the facility. If you answer no, you may proceed to our new touchless check-in.
Masks and Face Coverings
Please wear a face covering at all times, regardless of physical activity. Masks are required when:
- Entering and exiting the club, or in common areas
- Moving around the club, or moving from one exercise to the next
- Participating in group fitness or small group training
Masks will not be provided by LVAC. For members with a health condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, face shields are available for purchase at the Juice Bar for $5 while supplies last. Your mask should cover both your mouth and nostrils, and can be any of the following:
- Fabric (washable) mask
- Paper (disposable) mask
- Bandana, scarf, etc.
If you do not bring a mask or face covering, you will not be permitted to enter the facility.
At this time, we ask that you please bring your own water bottle, as fountains will be closed in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District guidelines. Touchless water bottle fillers will be available to refill water bottles, but mouthpiece will be unavailable. Water bottles will also be available for purchase at the Juice Bar.
LVAC Coaches will not be taking appointments for the first 2-3 weeks after reopening, as they work to reinforce social distancing guidelines and proper use of equipment around the clubs.
We are pleased to announce lockers, changing stalls, VIP locker rooms and showers will reopen at 50% capacity on Monday, February 15. We are committed to keeping these areas safe and clean 24/7. We ask that our members please follow these protocols:
- Six feet of social distancing is required in the locker rooms and locker bay areas. To best accommodate our members, all lockers will be available so please create 6 ft. of space between yourself and others while using a locker, and when entering and exiting the locker bay. If your locker is within 6 ft. of another person who is using that space, please wait for them to depart.
- Based on governmental orders and guidelines, signs will be posted indicating restrictions for the showers and water fountains. Some showers may be temporarily unavailable to allow for safe social distancing.
- Several cleaning stations will remain available throughout the space so members may clean lockers before and after use.
- Mask or face coverings must be worn while in the locker room.
- Mask or face covering may be removed while showering, but promptly put back on before exiting the shower area.
We will continue to frequently sanitize all shared surfaces in the locker rooms and showers using hospital-grade disinfectants.
Cardio and Strength Areas
In addition to already intensive cleaning efforts, several protocol additions are being made in the Cardio, Selectorized Machines, Advanced Training and Women’s Only areas for further sanitation. Measures are also being taken to help practice social distancing.
- In select areas, equipment will be marked for social distancing
- LVAC will deploy a color-coded system to allow for social distancing in all areas of the club, except for those areas with adequate spacing of equipment. Equipment will be marked with a BLUE or YELLOW sticker. Blue equipment will be accessible on select days, and yellow equipment will be accessible on alternate days.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols with hospital-grade, virus-killing disinfectants
- Several cleaning stations, of disinfectant spray and wipes, throughout the space to help encourage member’s cleaning of equipment before and after use
Group Fitness Classes will open on Monday, June 15. Class capacity will be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines.
- Reservations are required for all classes, or may be available on a first come, first serve basis
- Classes will be offered in virtual, OnDemand and live-streamed formats to supplement live classes
- Look for floor indicators, placed 6 feet apart to help practice social distancing
- Members will be required to clean equipment before and after class
- Class length will be adjusted to allow for the sanitization of equipment with a hospital-grade, virus-killing disinfectant
To make a reservation, visit our Group Fitness Class Schedule page. Please arrive 5 minutes before the class begins in order to check in. You will need to show your phone/confirmation email to the instructor. If you do not arrive 5 minutes prior to class beginning, you will lose your spot.
Prior to COVID-19, our PlayRoom staff followed stringent cleaning protocols to ensure a sanitary and safe environment for your little ones. Now, we have added additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
Here are the measures we have taken to protect the health and safety of our members in the PlayRoom:
- Drop-off and pick-up should be completed at designated area.
- Nonessential visitors, including parents, after drop-off will be limited.
- Children older than 5 years old are required to wear masks.
- Staff will complete a visual “well check” and inquire if children have the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, or any other COVID-19 symptoms. If parents/children answer yes, they will not be permitted to enter the PlayRoom.
- Temperature checks will be performed for all staff and children upon arrival to facility (temperature should be no higher than 100.4). Staff will ask if medications were used to lower any individual’s temperature.
- Children should wash their hands upon entry into the PlayRoom, and frequently throughout the day.
- Personal belongings (e.g., backpacks, purses, strollers) will be limited. When possible, infant car seats should be stored in a separate area away from children.
- Upon reopening hours will be temporarily restricted so that we may close the PlayRoom for deep cleaning. PlayRoom will be open on Weekdays from 8 am to 12 pm, and 4 pm to 8 pm. On Weekends, the Playroom will be open from 8 am to 2 pm. LVAC Staff will use.
- Cleaning will be done frequently in high-touch areas and bathrooms will be cleaned after each child. When children have left the facility, PlayRoom will be thoroughly sanitized.
- Reservations are required, and walk-in will not be permitted upon reopening. Reservations can be made online at LVAC.com, or by calling your nearest LVAC PlayRoom.
- Capacity will be reduced to allow for social distancing.
In the Event of a COVID-19 Case
We have been informed by local departments of health that they will directly contact individuals deemed to be at risk of exposure. We also have a defined protocol for taking swift action with additional deep cleaning in the club, using disinfecting products known to kill the virus. We are committed to the health and safety of our team members, members and the community.
We are excited to welcome you back to our racquetball courts on Monday, June 29. To protect members, we ask that you practice social distancing of 6 feet during matches and eliminate any physical contact. At this time, only singles matches will be permitted.
Our beautiful pool areas are open. While using the pool we ask that our members please adhere to the following protocols:
- In accordance with state mandates, capacity will be limited to no more than 50% of occupancy. However, given the size of our pool areas we don’t anticipate this will limit use.
- Six feet of social distancing is required in the pool and on the pool deck
- Shared equipment will be sanitized frequently and may be unavailable
- Showers are always required before entering the pool.
Whirlpool, dry sauna and steam rooms will remain closed in accordance with state mandates.
The Juice Bar will be open in accordance with statewide standards and business guidelines set forth by the Southern Nevada Health District. For more information visit their website.
Your Role in Staying Healthy
The health and safety of our members and team members is what’s most important. As we reopen, you will play an important role in making your club a safe experience for us all.
By following the advice on this page, you can help support a safe, phased reopening of our clubs. Together we can do our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19, especially to those who are more vulnerable due to age, compromised immunity or pre-existing conditions.
What You Can Do:
Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the club.
You must be responsible for your health and safety. This is why we recommend that you clean the equipment with disinfecting spray before and after each use. It’s best to assume the person who used it previously did not clean it. Protect yourself, clean your equipment. Here’s how:
- Spray paper towel with disinfectant.
- Wipe down equipment.
- Allow it to air dry for 60 seconds.
Bring your own water bottle, as fountains will be closed in accordance with Southern Nevada Health District guidelines. Touchless water bottle fillers will be available to refill water bottles, but mouthpiece will be unavailable.
If you are vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC—including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have chronic medical conditions—please take extra precaution and follow CDC guidelines.
Cover coughs and sneezes. Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw your tissue away immediately.
Stay home if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms below. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Help Boost Your Immune System
- Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise to prime the immune system, help combat bacteria and viruses.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to help allow your body time to recover.