Winter Shred – Intermediate Total Body Workout
INTERMEDIATE TOTAL BODY
If you’re looking to shed body fat and have a quick, efficient gym session, a full-body workout is a great place to start. Even if you are more experienced in the gym, this is a great way to get in a good sweat in a short amount of time.
- Upright position, barbell on shoulders, elbows in front of the body.
- Abs and glutes are tensed.
- Squat down, upper body upright.
- Then straighten your knees and push up; pushing the barbell above your head and straightening your arms.
- Then lower the barbell to your chest to return to the starting position.
- Stand with both legs in front of the box, create body tension.
- Jump and land onto the box, swing arms to the front.
- Keep balance on the box, slightly bent knees.
Starting position: – Glutes and abdominals are tensed. – Draw shoulder blades together, face front.
Implementation: – Shift glutes back, bend knees to the side. – Keep tension and extend hips again.
Reps: 10-12 each leg
Starting position: – Shoulder-width stance.
Implementation: – Forward lunge. – Push yourself back to get upright again.
Machine Incline Chest Press
Starting position: – Grab the handles with an overhand grip. – Shoulder blades are contracted, abs are tensed.
Implementation: – Push the handles up. – Keep the shoulders lowered.
- Push-up position with the hands on the BOSU Balance Pad.
Movement: Lower yourself in one piece to just above the pad. Re-extend arms and push up again.
Cable Bicep Curls
- Slightly squatted shoulder-width stance, underhand grip.
- Elbows are close to the body and slightly bent.
Movement: Flex arms and pull the bar towards you as far as possible, then stretch it again.
Cable Triceps Extension Overhead
- Lunge position, grips behind the head, elbows point forward.
Movement: Extend arms and bend them again.