Group Fitness Rules
- All classes are included in your membership and you may take classes at all LVAC locations.
- You do not have to sign up for class – just show up on time.
- Wear freshly laundered workout clothes such as t-shirt and sweats.
- Non-marking athletic shoes/sneakers must be worn at all times unless suggested otherwise by the instructors for classes such as yoga and Pilates.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or strong-smelling deodorants; instead follow a good hygiene regimen to prevent embarrassing situations.
- Workout towels are mandatory.
- Any liquids must be contained in a plastic spill-proof bottle.
- No clothing, gym bags or other possessions are allowed inside group fitness rooms. These items must be stored in a locker.
- The group fitness stereo is to be operated only by LVAC staff.
- We recommend a light meal or blood sugar supplement one hour prior to exercise.
- Group fitness schedules are subject to change at management’s discretion.
How to Become a Group Fitness Instructor.
You want to start teaching classes you should have been taking group fitness classes for a while.
You should be on a fitness path yourself so that you can be an inspiration to others. That does not mean you have to be a certain low body fat percentage, but rather that you have found a successful way to change your life by integrating exercise. This means you are now a role model and want to inspire others to fitness!
Decide what class type you would like to learn to teach and then email email@example.com to find out about upcoming workshops.
Once you have completed your specialty training, you will have to put together a class based on what you have learned. Then you can schedule an appointment with our group fitness management staff to mentor teach.
If you qualify for mentor teaching and have passed your audition, you will then have a year to complete your general Group Fitness Certification through ACE (www.acefitness.com) or AFAA (www.afaa.com).